Lately I've been thinking about the concept of ROI and hourly rates earned in online poker. While I do want to earn a profitable rate, I feel that the most important thing to me at the moment is how much money I can make in the shortest time frame. Given this thought, my current focus in online poker is going to revolve around playing for the highest hourly rate.
Hourly rates in cash games versus SNGs: With a $300 bankroll at the moment on pokerstars, I am rolled for 10 NL cash games or rolled (arguably) for $10 SNGs. I am not much of a fan of variance because I can have a hard time emotionally dealing with short term losses. So, my games of choice I think will revolve around full ring/6max NL cash or single table SNGs. If my game choice is the SNG, the Turbo format obviously is the better choice to maximize hourly rates. But, I do have one concern with the Turbo format. I feel that I have less of an edge to outplay opponents because of the fast rising blind structure. Much of the ending stages of Turbo SNGs are just a pushing match and the luck factor greatly increases relative to a non-turbo SNG game.
Regarding cash games, I am quite torn between Full Ring and 6max. 6max will allow for more thoughtful play and the ability to really extract good value from opponents if you can read them. However, full ring will allow for massive amounts of multi-tabling, and thus, more hands per hour.
What kind of hourly rates have people earned with a comparable bankroll and game selection to what I have just described? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
jtac84
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment